Graduate Research Fellows in the Evidence Generation initiative are hired as paid, part-time employees of either the John Jay College Foundation or the Research Foundation of the City University of New York (RF-CUNY), and assigned to the Research and Evaluation Center.
Students enrolled in a graduate program of the John Jay College of Criminal Justice, the CUNY Graduate Center, or other graduate program in a CUNY institution who have the following qualifications may apply:
• Doctoral students or advanced Masters students who have completed at least 24 graduate credits by the start of their Fellowship period;
• Students due to graduate no earlier than the end of the fellowship period;
• GPA of 3.0 or better in graduate studies;
• Demonstrated interest and commitment to research and analysis; and
• Commitment to fulfill all requirements of the fellowship.
To apply for a Fellowship, applicants should submit:
• A cover letter or personal statement of no more than two pages addressing: why you are interested in becoming a Fellow with the Research & Evaluation Center; what you hope to gain as a Fellow; and an assessment of your strengths and challenges;
• A resume;
• One recommendation from a faculty member or employer. Candidates are encouraged to solicit recommendations from current John Jay/CUNY faculty members.
Application Period and Timeline
Potential applicants should visit this webpage to watch for openings.